Collection Problems

Audits  |  Collection Problems  |  Tax Returns

Collection Problems PhotoIf you have tax collections problems, I am here to help you solve your problems and to assist you. The most important element in this process is to be in current compliance. This means that ALL tax returns need to be filed. If you are self-employed, then you need to make quarterly estimated tax payments for the current years. This is needed to show the IRS that you are making a good faith effort to resolve your tax problems.

Because there are many different, uncontrollable factors which impact the outcome of any tax case, there can be no promises or guarantees regarding the outcome of your tax case. But, you can rest assured that I will work hard to get the best resolution for you.

After all returns have been prepared and filed, then I will need complete and detailed financial information from you to determine which collection alternative is applicable. There are various forms and supporting documentations that I will be requesting from you. The IRS requires that this information not be more than 90 days old. Hence, at times, I may be requesting updated financial information from you.

Once I have had a chance to review this financial information, I will then discuss with you what options are available. It could be a full pay installment agreement, a partial pay installment agreement, uncollectible status, or you may qualify for an Offer in Compromise (OIC). Generally, it is best to stabilize any current collection enforcement activity with the first three listed options, and then file an OIC, if you qualify.

Regarding OIC, I need to make you aware that the IRS does not have to accept them. However, generally, the firm will only submit them when it appears they have a reasonable expectation of being accepted.

The charges for helping with Collection Problems are $125 per hour but generally will not exceed $2,000 per taxpayer (individual and business entities are treated as separate taxpayers) and the maximum amount applies separately for Federal and State collection matters. The fees do not include any IRS filing fees for an installment agreement or for an OIC. Neither does it include any tax payments required in the offer amount.

All new clients are requested to complete a client information form which can be emailed, mailed or faxed.

National Association of Tax Professionals Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber of Commerce National Society of Tax Professionals American Society of Tax Problem Solvers National Society of Accountants

Tax Help Doctor, LLC
Dahlonega, GA 30533
phone:  (404) 542-5876
fax:  (888) 260-0393